Our Doctors – GP South Melbourne
Dr Edward Petrov MBBS FRACGP
30 years experience as a doctor, more than 15 of them in Australia.
Worked in major Australian hospitals like Alfred, Austin, and Cabrini Private as well as in private general practice.
Major interest in complicated medical cases and preventative medicine.
Dr Petrov is a RACGP examiner.
Dr Yuri Raymon MBBS FRACGP
University of Western Australia graduate.
- 1998 – Bachelor Of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from University of Western Australia
- 2005 – Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) from The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Broad scope of Family Medicine including but not limited to:
- Medical Cannabis Prescriber,
- Iron Infusions,
- Minor Surgery,
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
- Internal Medicine,
- Acute and Chronic Pain Management,
- Palliative Care,
- Chronic Diseases Management,
- Musculo-Skeletal Medicine and Orthopaedics,
- Diabetes and other Endocrine Disorders.
My major objective in patients’ management is primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
My principle of work: “Get on top of the disease before the disease gets on top of you!”
Dr Olivia Katharina
Dr Olivia Khatharina is a thoroughly warm and caring GP with a great deal of experience in all aspects of Family Practice.
She trained as a doctor in Indonesia before coming to Australia where she completed her specialist training, resulting in her attaining Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practice.
She has worked across a variety of areas of medicine, thus epitomising the role of Family Practitioner.
Dr Olivia has a special interest and experience in women’s health.
She is available on Thursdays and some Tuesdays for now.
Dr Maryam Bassirat PhD (Med), MDiet, BSc Biochem (Hons)
Accredited Practicing Dietitian
PhD (Med), MDiet, BSc Biochem (Hons), Grad Cert Hum Nut
Maryam can provide nutritional advice for:
- Diabetes management (including carbohydrate counting)
- Heart disease (High cholesterol, High blood pressure)
- Bone health (Arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (stomach, bowel)
- Cancer management
- Healthy eating (Intuitive/mindful eating and a non-diet approach)
- Weight management
- Adolescents health & Aged care
Dr Sam Besnek BHS, MPP
General foot care, diabetic foot, circulation problems, flat foot, orthotics.
Qualified to provide PRP injections to foot joints.
I completed my degree of Bachelor of Health Science and Master of Podiatric Practice at La Trobe University. I’ve worked in multiple clinical settings including public hospitals, community health centres and private practices. My personal interest in sports, especially soccer and martial arts, has given me a wider understanding of how important it is to feel and be healthy.
Stemming from these personal experiences, I have a main interest in sports podiatry and treating chronic heel, shin, and knee pain. I’ve adapted a combination of different therapeutic approaches to treat such conditions successfully. These include injection therapies, dry needling, and orthotics prescribing. Furthermore, my experiences lie in paediatric care, diabetic assessments, and injury prevention. Once again, my work in multiple health care settings has equipped me with the experience to adequately treat such conditions.